There are some major changes heading to the Disney Cruise line’s Wonder including a new are for kids, a musically inclined restaurant, an English pub and more.
PRNewswire announced that the ship will receive a new children’s area themed to the Marvel Super Hero Academy.
“Exclusively on the Disney Wonder, Marvel Super Hero Academy will offer extraordinary adventures in which each young guest plays an integral role. With the mentorship of some of Marvel’s greatest super heroes, young trainees will learn the value of teamwork, bravery and problem solving through hands-on play and program,” read a statement from PRNewswire.
Spiderman will be in person to show Mousekatots how to hone their spidie senses, other heroes will interact with children via a digital display, and more.
The area will also feature a display of equipment that was used to make the heroes the cultural icons they are including Captain America’s World War II shield, Black Widow’s gauntlets and more.
In the Oceaneer Club, which is for children 3 to 12, there will be new places and more time with some favorite characters including:
- Frozen adventure: Olaf will lead summer themed games and a sing-a-long, and guests will prepare for a royal in-person visit with Anna and Elsa.
- Disney junior characters will lead storytelling and games, including Doc McStuffins who helps children learn how to take care of their stuffed animals.
- Andy’s Room from the favorite film series “Toy Story” will be recreated for kids to enjoy. Even Woody and Jessie will stop by for a visit.
For even the littlest of Mousekatots, the ship will create our favorite play space on the Disney Fantasy, It’s a Small World Nursery.
The change that I would be most excited about is the creation of Tiana’s Place Restaurant (since Princess Tiana is my favorite).
This new restaurant, that is unique to only the Wonder, will feature the finest of southern cuisine complete with saucy jazz and street party celebrations.
The restaurant, themed after “The Princess and the Frog,” will feature recipes from the flavors and ingredients of the bayou.
Tiana will be represented through the restaurant in all the details including her family photos, water lily-shaped candleholders and more. All of this will tell the story of Tiana’s rise from humble server to frog princess and restaurant entrepreneur.
Something for the parents, a new English Pub will be added to the adult district. It will transport people to a cozy pub complete with dark woods and plush furniture and a selection of specialty beers and cocktails.
In proper Disney fashion, the pub will have subtle nods to Disney films that took place in London.
PRNewswire listed the other enhancements included in the update:
- After Hours — an adult district featuring the pub, an all-new-night club and a shiny new model of the popular Cadillac Lounge
- Updates to the Senses Spa & Salon and a new Chill Teen Spa
- “Drawn to Magic” and “Animation Magic” dinner show added to Animator’s Pallete
- D Lounge for family entertainment
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Edge club for tweens
- Cabanas casual dining location
- A makeover of the adult only restaurant, Palo
- Twist n’ Spout water slide
- Dory’s Reef splash zone for toddlers
- AquaLab pool and interactive water play area for kids
The Wonder will be in dry dock from Sept. 9 to Oct. 23 of this year in Cadiz, Spain. The new additions and updates will be ready for guests to enjoy starting Nov. 10 with a sailing out of Galveston, Texas.
What would you be most excited about when it comes to these new enhancements? Leave your comments below.